View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by CRCulver View Post
[...]But with all the delays (and while you’ve announced a webshop, you are still not actually selling this product), my interest has waned. I’m sure I’m not the only one. While I would have liked a phone focused on privacy, I think I’ll simply use a competing smartphone for the bare minimum and do most of my computing needs on a notebook.
Sorry your interest vanished or shifted. The Neo900 specs didn't that much. And while I plead guiltiy for delays, those were due to me not only starting a hw-project but also a new company and a new approach to crowd funding. I'd rather delay stuff for another year than to cheat on Neo900_UG's customers.
That’s not to denigrate your efforts, joerg_rw. Obviously you’ve had lots of fun with this project.
You have no idea how much 'fun' it been to sort all that tax office and organizational stuff, and to become head of a company that never been planned to be there, to start with.
and it would have been a rewarding experience even if no one ultimately bought the phone. But it’s worth voicing some disappointment that, I think, many others here share.
rewarding for whom? My life would have been a 100 times easier just ignoring this whole thing and work for $Apple. Sorry for your disappointment about Neo900 not trying to compete with a moving target, I never promised how long it takes to get stuff accomplished - I'm doing all this (business-, company-, tax-, webshop-stuff) the very first time. All I promised was that I'll try it and to be honest to you.

cheers
jOERG

PS, faintly on topic: I announce I'll try to have one week off-time starting with next Monday. Needed to secure my (mental) health

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-03-10 at 02:36.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: