View Single Post
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Now, that one is just creepy. I really, really want this modem inside Neo900!

Out of curiosity - aren't you oversimplifying things a little? Is really eMMC bus as fast as normal CPU <-> RAM connections in case of this planned board, to handle RAM-based eMMC area as quickly as real RAM?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me, that if it would be the case, we would always have RAM's as eMMC's/HD's, without special place for them on POP, or "those" ram sockets in desktops.

/Estel

// Edit

In practice - how fast eMMC bus is, as compared to regular, practical bandwidth of access to real RAM?
I agree Estel...I want one (gtm609) in mine too.
creepy is a good word...downright spooky even.
I notice (in all humility ...with my ever-so-small-understanding) at the least ...it appears to be a freakin' "Planet Walker" ...go anywhere with it in your device..Boston to Frankfurt to Timbuktu to Beijing..and places with less than modern coverage ..more rural..remote areas even..i imagine....want to check that out....hmm... need to read-up more and wrap my feeble understanding around what this modem is all-around capable of....

Just one of many write-ups on the gtm609 I found... good press release statement too.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/o...allest-with-v/

2 yrs ago is when this article was writ...I'm sure there is even more cutting edge modems out there...but compat. and price are prob. astronomical. Love what I'm reading though and the more I'm reading the more I want this sucker.

Hmmm...I have noticed over the last week or so that my Pavlovian salivation response which used to encompass the basics such as anyone shouting "BOOZE!", "FOOD!" and "WIMMIN!" now seems to include "NEO900!" I'm not sure if I should be disturbed by this new development ...seek help ...and get medication.......... or simply embrace the Drool and get a napkin.

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-09-07 at 16:19. Reason: O ya :D

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: