View Single Post
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
A couple of notes:

1. 90% of N900 owners aren't going to have a clue what "a maemo" is. It's unlikely the average N900 owner is going to wander over here without a deal of searching, and when they get here, they're going to be like, "buh o.O".

2. downloads.maemo.org isn't really set up to distribute wallpapers. Widgets yes, themes and wallpapers, not so much.

just my 2 cents. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

--
edit: and honestly, even for distributing widgets and apps we could do with a more user centric approach, especially if we're trying to hook the normal person. Which is not to say I don't appreciate the downloads section - I think it's awesome. But I think it might be a little complex and overwhelming for most people (also slow).
I think a great user centric way is to go to the application manager on your device and look for the application you want (they are in categories) then install them. In fact I like this better than browing some forum or website. Moreover, if I want a review I can always read the download section of maemo.org to get some other users feedback befoer instaling.

Does this sound like a good idea?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post: