View Single Post
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Does anyone know of an adapter that will let me make and receive calls with a landline using my N900 (preferably via bluetooth)?

I want somthing that will let me use my N900 as a handset for my landline, so all my telephony activities while at home can be performe with my N900 itself which usually is always at hand, instead of having to go to the landline handset that is near the wall plug (wireless landline phones are way too expensive for how often i use the landline). If possible i would rather have it work via bluetooth, so it would automaticly connect when i'm in range and there would be less wear in the wires and connectors. Ideally the functionality would be integrated with the N900's builtin Contacts and Phone progs so there woud be little difference between calling using my cell account and using the landline.

If something like that doesn't exist ready to be bought, could you point me to a tutorial on how to build one myself please? (preferably one with newbies (i don't mean n00bs) in mind, and that deals with cheap components)