View Single Post
So... I have a phone.. LCD cracked... which is flashed completely to factory install. I want to make it into a headless server, but need to enable developer-mode. I have actually managed to get ssh access on bootup over USB networking, as "user", by using a combination of open-mode kernel (to avoid MALFing), and the recovery kernel+initrd to edit and introduce a few files ('dpkg-deb -x' the sshd package and editing the conf, insmodding g_ether.ko and bringing up the interface during show_nokia_logo() in /sbin/preinit, yada yada yada), and from there I can properly install SOME deb files with only 'user' privilidges via 'pkgmgr install-file -f'.

However of the solutions I can think of (as this is from a complete factory config):

I am not connected via gprs0 nor wlan0 to the internet, so I can't use pkgmgr to enable dev mode. Can anyone tell me how to do so via CLI?

I have not managed to get x11vnc binaries on there in a functional manner (display :0 not found, program terminates), so that I can use vnc to enable dev-mode.

Installing opensh, aegisctl, coderus' sudo, develsh, inception, or any other package does not seem to provide me prviliges though (in the case of shells) I can run the shell and see a couple useless permissions added to 'accli -I'

'dpkg-debbing' every dependence for developer-mode doesn't work either.

------
I would be more than happy to turn it into a headless low-power server, if I could just get myself into developer mode... to be honest, I'm surprised that the /sbin/preinit edit for auto-enabling usb networking worked... but I'm outta ideas. One of you guys must know how to implement one of the handful of solutions I've listed above (or maybe even a novel one)

Thanks,
JKL