View Single Post
On my device the 3G logo is always blue. More worse, most of the time a blue 3.5G logo (HSPA) is displayed.

I've done some measuring using the energy profiler and found out the following: (Always the same device!)
- During the time the blue 3.5G icon is displayed the average consumption is about 140mA.
- During the time the blue 3G icon is displayed the average consumption is about 100mA.
- During the time the device is connected via WLAN the average consumption is about 17mA.

This means that if the device is connected to the network in "3.5G state" high consumptions occurs. This makes absolutely sense, however:

Using tcpdump on the device shows that 1 udp packet is transferred on the network per minute. (Keep-alive used for openvpn). My understanding of the 3G network is, that after a few seconds of no traffic the device should change into a "standby mode" and display a white 3G icon. (Logged in to the network but no data transfers) But this does not happen. The device changes to "standby mode" only after more than 60 seconds of no traffic. I think this is due to a bug in the current firmware of the n9 and this causes the high power consumptions.

The Following User Says Thank You to alex25 For This Useful Post: