View Single Post
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
This workaround works.

Setting the application name to FMRadio. I really don't like how ugly this is to work around this problem.

Is there a "proper" way to do this? I still would like any information on setting the pulseaudio proplist like above.. it seems a better solution than "mimicking" another application that has a proper police.

Is the "proper" way to modify the xpolicy file and create my own block for my own app?

Meh. Ugly.

But, my phone is currently playing Pandora while in Silent Mode. I'm not home, or I'd build a package and submit it.. I'll have something up tonight though.
I don't really like that workaround because the policy system will group your app into the radio category, which has less privileges than one in the "player" category. If you want to edit xpolicy.conf, check out my headset-control package which'll add the information to whitelist headset-control (I do some libplayback stuff in it) and adds a trigger so that if xpolicy.conf is replaced by another package, headset-control's postinst will add it back in. (I happened to test that when dist-upgrading from leaked PR 1.2 to "proper" PR 1.2.)