View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Thank you all very much for taking time and testing. I will wait for a bit more tests to come in and then would make the table. As far as I understood, J1 could be a problem and should be tested further. We are also missing tests on Jolla Tablet.

Please test only if you have 2.1.x.y versions of SFOS - 2.0.5.6 is not supported at this stage.

Specific replies:

@Zeta: On normal systems you would usually see OOM killer in dmesg. Not sure it is there in SFOS. I have not thought that this app would take too much RAM. On my phone it takes about 100 MB RSS (250 MB virtual). Shouldn't be too much, I guess.

However, looks like there is something fishy with memory handling going on. I presume that OOM would not result in SIGSEGV in free(). Maybe someone can help us with tutorial on how to get debug symbols into your backtraces...

@PamNor: Your experience sounds to be fine and an expected one. On SFOS emulator/vm, there are no labels at all - hence the question regarding labels. Labels are expected to appear/disappear while you rotate/tilt the map since there are some parameters controlling how much can they overlap.

@m4r0v3r: no worries, will get there quite soon, I hope.

@elros34: seems like we have the same black box as in J1. You also seem to hit one of the crashes as experienced by Zeta. I'll try to run the whole thing in valgrind, let's see what will happen.

Edit: valgrind no go since it complains about illegal instruction on all tested programs.

Last edited by rinigus; 2017-09-17 at 20:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: