View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Some random thoughts on Dirkvl's cover:

-- I'm not sure it even needs a cutout for the back camera. I don't know how often I'd be using the camera, and even when I did, I think it wouldn't be too hard to just slide the cover back a couple of centimeters to expose it.

-- On the other hand, it might be useful to provide some holes for the speakers, to keep them from being muffled. I guess I'm conflicted on the idea of cutting openings into this cover.

-- My Casio cover slides into a track along the sides of the calculator which features a small bump at the end to "lock" the cover into place. The tablet doesn't have that feature, but maybe adding a lip on one side of the cover, stopping it from sliding any further, would make it easier to keep the cover aligned with the tablet...

-- If the carbon fiber material is strong enough to manage, it might be nice to provide some additional space between the tablet and the interior of the cover; enough at least to fit a few items, such as a felt lining to protect against scratches, a magnet for the hall-effect sensor, or even pockets for little items like extra microSD cards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: