View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I've started to go over CSSU Hildon to see about GTK3 conversion. I've set up a new repo as a fork of the CSSU version. I'm now going over all of the file diffs compared to my version. Some will cleanly apply, some won't so I'm going through 1 file at time making the easy changes so I can just come back later to fix the rest. As a heads up, the Debian/rules from CSSU will not get to running configure in its current state under Stretch.
Great!

Is it worth removing the deprecated features listed in doc/migration.sgml where guidance is provided on how to replace functionality. I'm currently going over hildon-controlbar. Its a mess of gtk_adjustment_get/set_*() calls because of GSEAL'ed widget>adjustment. If there is a documented, simple replacement for the items detailed in that document, would you be happy if I ditch them?
Unless those changes need half(or more) of the applications in Fremantle to be forward-ported (instead of simply recompiled), I am ok.

And I started to go over all Fremantle packages needed to build dsme/mce/h-d and port them to GTK3, see https://github.com/fremantle-gtk3

I am 4 packages away from building mce in devuan

hildon-desktop is unmodified CSSU version, used to get the build dependencies only.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: