View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
I would never call you a commie, unless you were one, in the vein of Stalin, Mao, etc.

Yes it may take much capital to start a telcom business that does not mean one cannot be started.
An d TexRat you do have choices, and you do have different companies doing different things. You may have to make compromises and may not get exactly what you want, but that is life. I am not satisfied with the current wireless companies either, but I choose the one I like the best, which offers what I want and I use it. I dont think that force or violence is justified in these cases.
Force.. or violence? Where is that coming from?

I don't think you're making a very convincing argument. On the one hand you admit that 'it may take much capital to start a telcom business', which seems to affirm the idea that it may be difficult to impossible to do so. Then, in the same breath you state, 'that does not mean one cannot be started', in this context, contradicts the whole spirit of the argument being made which is that that the industry marches together to make sure it is difficult to impossible to have viable competition to give consumers what they actually are willing to pay for. History has shown, without any doubt, that there are times when regulation and laws must step in to keep such businesses honest and to promote small businesses to compete with larger ones, defend consumers and provide an actual free market not just the appearance of a free market.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: