View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Thank you, Estel!

Here is what i have got so far:
- i decided not to mess things up, so i removed easy debian and easy ubuntu completely.
- Then i installed easy-chroot and ubuntu-n900, so easy ubuntu booted smoothly, except it always said that i had to run XSETTINGS or define icon theme. Anyway, it had icon theme, so i did not understand the thing.
- Then i run into the similar problem someone mentioned before: updating. I editied the sources.list, because the one that comes with easy ubuntu (ports.ubuntu.com) is not working anymore. I changed it to update from karmic repos and it updated fine, i installed gimp, ufraw. They are working perfectly so far.
- Then i run another similar problem someone mentioned before: terminal has no keyboard input. This is almost true: xterm - which comes also with easy ubuntu and can be run from pcmanfm - has keyboard input. I checked permissions and found this: while ubuntu chroot has root privileges, lxde doesn't. I tried everything to change this situation (chown, chmod), but i couldn't figure out how to solve it. So i did the following (CAUTION! DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!): i edited the ubbie and ubbie-sue files located in Maemo's usr/bin. It has a line: "UBUSER=$USER". I changed it to "UBUSER=$UBUSER" in both files and now lxde boots with root privileges and lxterminal has keyboard input. But be careful, because in this way you are in super user mode, so you can mess things up easier. The only thing i miss is the virtual keyboard but i think this can be helped some way.

So far easy ubuntu in this way is working fine, i find it faster than easy debian so i would not make tests about running them independently at the same time; i don't want to install easy-deb-chroot, for now.

Cheers,

jm

EDIT: It would be nice to have keyboard input after leaving then returning to easy ubuntu lxde. Anyway i'm trying not to be so malcontent; i do like this app very-very much and i'm really thankful for it.

Last edited by justmemory; 2013-04-02 at 11:13.