View Single Post
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What is your operator, are you sure they don't have something shady going on there?
I have never had any problems with 4G whatsoever, it started to work really well from the version the support first came out on (cannot remember when it was enabled)
As you can partly read on TJC, I have tried this and reproduced the bug with multiple operators with different SIM cards (Czech, German) in multiple countries (Czech Republic, Germany, United Kingdom) on multiple devices (2x Jolla 1, 1x Jolla C).

It began with the first early 2.0.1.x release and happens mostly on 4G (it happened couple times on 3G as well, but that was an exception). It started right after upgrading too, so there is a clear connection to the upgrade and its regression (I also tried on freshly reinstalled devices, so apps/old configs are not to blame). Restarting the device doesn't help, restarting the network through Sailfish Utilities doesn't help, only switching from 4G to 3G does. Therefore I have been on 3G last half a year.

It's not like it's some weird coincidence - Jolla have acknowledged the problem (see the Tracked by Jolla status), but has yet to fix it. I suppose there are still many people who haven't gotten their 4G SIM cards (I know a few) so I suppose that's one reason the bug report has 'only' 35 votes.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-08-31 at 19:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post: