View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Thanks for testing.

If indeed the GPS is on we should relegate the problem to qtMobility maintainers, as I have specifically requested NonSatellitePositioningMethods in the code and that shouldn't fire up the GPS. The function does not give any hint of not working correctly (error/exception or similar). I believe that the satellite icon is just a misinterpretation in the fremantle theme. The corresponding icon in harmattan shows a (more semantically correct) compass.

1. You can remove locations only if you go there again, or you can remove all locations. There is no harm in leaving records in the database, so if you are not going somewhere ever again just don't bother.

2. The map shows after a coarse precision fix has been obtained. In harmattan qtmobility returns the last known location and obtains a fix quickly, even inside. Unfortunately this is not the case for N900, but it would require a complete rewrite (using liblocation) to overcome these limitations.

I apologize for the not-so-good integration with the N900 but oobProfile for Fremantle is just a side project, porting the paid version of harmattan to fremantle. The sources are there of course for anyone to use.

Please report battery drainage results.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob