View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
WIth the shorted pins you would never know that you were not using the Nokia high power mains charger, the battery meter works the same, orange light pulses the same, everything is running as stock so responds as expected. In my mind a shorted USB is superior unless we can fix the BME issues. I have no idea how to google search for shorted pins because 99.(% of people have no idea how a charger, a phone, or a microwave works and advertising shorted pins probably makes the average person think they are selling a broken charger. I would post pics of my setup but I cant get TMO to take the upload, it really likes to link to instagram or some other website.
Maybe write a script to kill the BME, load the new charge driver, rmmod it and restart BME after so much time.
try this but dont cry if your phone catches fire or it unleashes zombies on us all, it should give you six hours of charging.
Put this in MyDocs so it is easy to use leafpad edit the wait time for how long you thing charging should last.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo gainroot
stop bme
modprobe bq2415x_charger
# edit dumb mode charge mode time below in seconds
wait 21600
rmmod bq2415x_charger
start bme
exit
save the script name as qi_charge
make it executable
Code:
sudo chmod +x qi_charge
Make this to get a button in your app list to run qi_charge(works)
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Name=qi_charge
Comment=charge for a set time at full speed from an unshorted data pins dumb USB charger like the universal Qi ones and then reload BME to get battery meter back
Exec=/bin/sh /home/user/MyDocs/qi_charge
Icon=make a PNG and put the path here
This is how to get Maemo to find the qi_charge.desktop file in order for it to show up among your other apps, by placing it in /usr/share/applications/hildon/ you can stick the app button on your desktop for convenience if you like.

Last edited by biketool; 2014-08-24 at 07:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: