View Single Post
Originally Posted by TheKracken View Post
Hi guys

I've noticed recently the focus on my N900 seems not to be working - using the standard camera app when I half press the camera button (to start the autofocus) the usually focusing signs are given, i.e. the reticle flashes and either turns green or red, but the image is constantly out of focus regardless.

I tried used fcamera to alter the focus manually, but nothing changes despite what value I choose.

This all leads me to think it's a hardware fault, is it possible to break just the "focusing" part of the phone's camera? As the camera still actually takes and saves photos...they're just all out of focus!

Any advice/ideas on how to fix it?
After a heavy rain storm, I can't focus either, or use the focussing button to use the tweak of zooming out to the thumbnails of all open applications. When soft pressing. A hard press works to make a photo, which is out of focus now..

Not sure if it is the button itself I took it apart and alcohol-rubbed it.
But after using Live focus with the keyboard, that works.
So it must be the button, which makes more sense since it is more on the outside. Will dip that again in alcohol and leave in a bucket of rice and update later..

Preferring not to take the lens out...but perhaps I should?

Edit: perhaps I should put it in the oven as I did with the last N900 whose SIM was not working until baking it but that is LAST RESORT

Last edited by Dongle Fongle; 2015-07-28 at 13:48.