View Single Post
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Get noticed? *whooooosh!!!* <--- developer ego kicking in

Kidding aside, this sounds rather interesting, and looking at how helpful people are on these forums already, I'd say this might turn out pretty well.

But talking about this forum: Do you plan to make the forum-related stuff in the Meego section here at Maemo Talk or will this be over at the Meego forums? Just asking because I know I'm terrible at being active in more than one community at the same time.

But no matter where, I'd really like to be of help as much as I can. Probably wouldn't be able to help on the classes thanks to the language barrier, but both the "big geeky brother" and the tutorials sound like just my cup of tea.

I'm rather new to Python and PyQt (*cough*a week*cough*), but a long background in Java development made me feel more like coming home again - despite the difference in language, I found that many of the concepts (especially the more complex ones) take the same line, so I'm positive I won't stay a complete beginner for that long.

Also, I'm a former web developer, so I could help both with "the other end of the line" of distributed applications and with the styles part of Qt.

I'm easily distracted and sometimes lack the creativity to come up with good tutorial topics, but as long as you can provide me with a good kick in the pants from time to time (and can deal with my hyperactive personality) I'm your man...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post: