View Single Post
The BBX was pretty good for a phone, and it still holds its own today.

With that said, if you wanted to compare the Moto G and the Z10... they're very even phones!

The G has the same screen but slightly larger at 4.5inch, its noticeably thicker, feels cheaper, has a worse camera, but a larger battery.
The Moto G has a more modern/efficient cpu, but slow and limited to 1GB RAM.
Whereas the BB has more performance and double the RAM.

(#rant
I still believe that 1GB RAM is enough for mobile devices (if they weren't too bloated !!). And that everything should be crammed into one chip, like what Qualcomm is slowly going for.

And that a Dual-Core approach is best for mobile computing (phones, tablets, laptops) because it increases performance without increasing much power demand. Quadcore is less efficient due to restraints by the OS and the written nature of most programs. #rant)

Yet, Moto G is more user friendly, has a great ecosystem, has all those Apps you want.
BBX lacks many apps, but they can be stolen/pirated and sideloaded (and with a bit of luck) should run *okay* on BBX. However, the performance is lackluster because its emulating an older API level and won't run everything properly or launch it at all.

With that said, the ResearchInMotion Blackberry Z10 runs the BBX OS. Its built on QNX which resembles Mobile Linux/Linux closely but are otherwise unrelated. Its very good.
Think of the iPhone or Windows Phone or N9 level of software performance.... buttery smooth but very powerful.

On the other hand, the Moto G runs the tried and tested Android OS. In fact, it runs it pretty efficiently shaming some flagships out there, still is no match for QNX inside the BB.

....well there you have it.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: