View Single Post
Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Nokia have been saying end of October the last three weeks but nobody took any notice and started posting made up dates from 3rd party sites
I am one of those who misunderstood a date supplied by a Nokia representative.

I was told there would be no problem with devices being ready by the Maemo Summit, which they were. I didn't know about Nokia's plan to lend 300 devices to summit attendees so I interpreted the remark as meaning "Nokia will have plenty of devices ready by Oct 9 when we launch." (Italics are my interpolated conclusion.)

I didn't realize there would be any reason to have lots of devices ready except for launching. Apart from that, Nokia has been consistent in saying only the N900 would be released "by the end of October."

I offer my apologies to the Maemo Community for introducing this confusion and also my apologies to Nokia for making it seem the company had been anything other than consistent in its indication of dates.

Mea culpa. To make amends for my transgression, I promise to adopt the motto promulgated by Gregg Easterbrook at TMQ: All predictions wrong or your money back. Disappointed community members can collect at any Maemo gathering.

Roger S