View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I don't think so, at least it does not feel like it would be running down any faster than before.
I have constant power logging on, so if I have time I could try to draw up some graphs on average power consumption of it before and after the update.
Thanks juiceme! Only if you have time, it's not that important.
No problem, here are the results I just plotted.

Now I must confess this kind of surprised me, since the results show the absolute opposite of the original assumption; indeed after the latest update the device seems to consume lot less battery than before!

Statistics don't lie, do they?
Of course it is possible that my usage pattern has somehow been different in May and June, but I don't really think so.

Here are the resulting power rundown graphs of my daily usage:

Daily power rundown of v2.1.4.14 from May 1 2018

Daily power rundown of v2.2.0.29 from June 1 2018

Every morning the charge starts from 100% and diminishes during the day, the different lines show different days but you can obsrve how the graphs of July decrease visibly slower than the graphs of May.
(There is one exception in the July group, and that is the very first day after the update)

Both charts are plotted on same normalized axis, the x runs from 0 to 19 hours (power status is saved every 10 minutes)
In reality I had to cut one day from the June chart since it ran longer than the 19 hours which was maximum on the May data.

Here are the data files for your covenience;
chartdata_v2.1.4.14
chartdata_v2.2.0.29

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: