View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have been trying to find out why sometimes encfs-mounted filesystems fail with error "Transport endpoint is not connected".
This happens when there is lots of concurrent access to the filesystem, and especially when init mounts aegisfs systems on top of my encfs home directory.

First I thought it is a bug in encfs or incompatibility in stacking the aegisfs mount over encfs mount, but it well may be that this is a bug in FUSE itself.
Some googling proves that this bug exists at least in fuse versions 2.8.x. and it should be corrected in the latest stable release (2.9.1)

Now, I would like to try this out with a newer fuse versions but the problem is that fuse is not built as a module in the harmattan kernel I am using (2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301)

Building kernel modules for the kernel is no brainer, I have been doing that in scratchbox for quite a long time now.
Building the whole kernel is something I have not tried yet. I would appreciate pointers and tips regarding that.