View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
I don't mean this to sound anti-American but there are a lot of Americans that believe the iPhone was the original smartphone and unfortunately a lot of the American churnalists just regurgitate the same ignorant nonsense.

Like Lumiaman they seem to think a smartphone is defined by the standard of eye-candy and having half a million fart apps in their app store rather than the device's functionality.

I also think if you have an open platform like MeeGo on an unlocked device any talk of an 'ecosystem' is myopic.
Depends what you define by a smartphone. iPhone strives to do thins to you by guessing and providing you with your needs as best as it can. It works, doesn't freeze, provides seamless integration of many functions and is idiot-proof. IPhone is a smartphone. N9 is for me a dumbphone. N9 call quality is nice and threaded SMS and IM and Skype in one place is unique. But otherwise it fails, so I use N9 as my dumbphone , pretty and nice to hold. iPhone doesn't require tweaks or mods or whatever to work properly. N900 and N9 do. N900 and N9 not very smart.