View Single Post
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
Hi GreatGonzo. I have a question for you (or anyone else). I am using this command
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetArt string:<album-name>

in queen beecon widget, and I have the result, but it shows the underlying information, rather than the actual art. For example

method return sender=1.65- dest=1.305reply_serial=2string"/home/user/.cache/media-art/album-725ee9 etc etc etc ......jpeg"

Also, with the other commands listed in this thread, I get the result, but it also shows all the string information as well, rather than just the track name for example. Any ideas. How can I single out the part of the result I want. Am I missing something or is this how the results are intended to be shown? Thanks for any help.
i notice this too, to get the info for QBW you have to parse the result, i made an example some time ago, i think its in the "show off your desktop" epic thread

anyway, you don't want to search trough 400 pages so, here is how i did it.

AlbumArt
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetArt | awk '{ FS="\\""} {print $2}' | tail -1
Title
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetTitle | awk 'BEGIN{FS="\\""} {print $2}' | tail -1
Artist
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetArtist | awk 'BEGIN{ FS="\\""} {print $2}' | tail -1
Album
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.marquarding.trackinfo / com.marquarding.trackinfo.GetAlbum | awk 'BEGIN{ FS="\\""} {print $2}' | tail -1

if you want the example, here is it

i don't know if it's the best way, maybe there is another, but this one works for me

Last edited by Harick; 2011-08-30 at 02:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post: