View Single Post
Hello, I have been clicking around this site for days trying to figure out how to re-flash my N810. Many sites given me by readers were duds. Do you remember what URLs got you the Flash that worked???
So far what I found gives me only %m
So many sites are duds I am really just going around in circles. Reason for wanting to re-flash .. it seems like lots of junk is stuck in memory that cannot be removed.
So, any assistance would be appreciated. I am tired of going around in circles... not being a Luincs programmer. I like my N810 and would like to keep it for a few more years.
Buffalo

Originally Posted by civil View Post
Hello. I have finally received my N810, which appears to be new as the ebay seller claims. I have a couple of startup questions:

The version of the OS is reported as 2.2007.51-3.

I have downloaded and attempted to install the file RX-44_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin, which I surmise is the most recent update for the N810, but so far without success.
I have recently learned that the preprogrammed nokia sites are not accessible, so I tried to search this site for ways to do it manually. My desktop OS is Windows 7, but even if I had Linux, all needed files appear to have disappeared from the Nokia site, chiefly "Update Wizard for Windows". Could some kind soul facilitate that file for me? I would be most appreciative.

I was planning to take my sweet time learning how to use the N810, as long as I was quickly able to use it for my main purpose, the Garnet-VM emulator, but the file I obtained from a member here (garnet-vm_1.0.6b_ITOS2008_armel.deb) will not install, apparently I need an OS update first or the File Manager/Application Manager install will not work (I don't yet know how to use the shell for such things).

I am hoping the update will take care of my preliminary problems (the inability to install some programs, and dosbox not working properly).

Thanks in advance.