View Single Post
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by ldesnogu View Post
There are two things here :

- The unsupported syscall 240 is __NR_futex. The problem is that QEMU doesn't support NPTL for x86. This will certainly cause some problems with clone.

- You shouldn't mix host and guest files in the same place! Copy an x86 filesystem somewhere, and chroot into it from inside QEMU. That's the safest way of doing things
Thanks, I've also (yesterday) heard the same about NPTL from the qemu developers list. Simply my use of particular userland libs could be causing me the issues. I might try and find quite old dists to compile against or just nick binaries from.

As for mixing stuff, well I was segregating with ./ld-linux.so.3 --library-path ... ./binary which is not quite chrooted but as separate as safe. But mixing was cool and I know the dangers I've also been unable to get chroot (busybox) to work as I expected it, I get /bin/sh no such file or directory despite there being a bin/sh in the /place/ I'm chrooting to.

Sadly I'm away for 3 weeks now with probably limited connectivity. I encourage others to try what I've checked out. Qemu peeps say my override of __clear_cache() was okay, so the qemu-i386 binary is safe to use, if somebody wants a copy it's wgetable from this url: http://a.trap.me.uk/qemu-i386 - they also agree a p90 was reasonable speed to expect (excluding any floating point). My experience with xeyes and topper show that graphically it's nifty and well worth investigating.

The rest of this thread should help the rest of the set up, most people will have the right libs and files lying around.

The Following User Says Thank You to damion For This Useful Post: