View Single Post
Thanks for this great looking theme!

I appear to have configured this with reasonable success using the Deb package via apt-get install, but have just one annoying issue I have been too dumb to resolve.

All the screenshots from other users show application shortcuts with a transparent background whereas my icons have a white 'rounded square' background which really spoils the look for me. Although setting the widget background transparency to zero can remove the unwanted white, it also has a negative side effect of making my widgets invisible!

There must be something I'm doing wrong, or a setting which I've overlooked. Can someone steer me in the right direction on this?

I've also been finding the text on the email widget and Foreca Weather almost impossible to read as it blends too much with the background. The Calendar widget is easy to read as the background changed to white with the theme. I was using Black Plastic before, I guess it's possible that MaeMeeMo doesn't update the backgrounds on these two other widgets. I think I'll try switching to a theme with white backgrounds on those widgets and then back to MaeMeeMo again to see if it sorts it out.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post: