View Single Post
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
A side note and a funny story: When I asked to see my friends iPhone 4S to play around with it I asked him, "I know iOS has multitasking now... how do you get to the screen to see all the running applications?" He replied, "Well, it's not like your phone - your phone is like a mini computer - there is no screen where it shows all the open applications."

It was quite discouraging, however there is a VERY GOOD possibility that iOS 6 will have that. There is NO POSSIBILITY that MeeGo will ever receive an update of that magnitude.
NOTE: Apple's philosophy is "simplicity for the user". Who cares if an app is running in the background as an actual process or is frozen?
(Also see: Apple removing the lights from OS X dock)
There is NO WAY that iOS 6 is going to get this kind of multitasking.
Double tap the Home button, opens a nice little drawer where previously-open apps lie (swipe r->l to see more previously open apps)
If you wanted to see what apps are actually running, you need to jailbreak and install SBSettings.

MeeGo {Mer/Nemo/Tizen/Harmattan (sometime in the future)}: zypper refresh && zypper install gnome