View Single Post
Again, OT and not submission photos. But I might as well follow through .

All 11 bats survived, and they were taken to a wildlife center near a local university. They were fed, and brought back along with a cedar bat house so a mother can find them and take care of them. When we went to set it up, we also found an approximately two-day old baby still attached to a dead mother, that we hydrated and stuck in the house.
Photos (still taken with nexus 5, 2.0.2.45 sfos) and a closeup of a dehydrated baby:

To clarify as well: I wasn't drunk when I went shooting. I was also raised around guns, and learned gun safety at an early age -- along with the idea that guns stay locked up unless necessary. I've never known anyone (anecdotal) to be injured in a gun-related accident, yet know two people who have separately stopped robberies from escalating through their use of legally concealed firearms.

The US isn't quite as absurd when it comes to gun ownership as many internet communities would infer. Additionally in my state, civilians are required to go to multiple gun safety classes before they can even pursue a concealed carry permit. I like to think of the rare injury as natural selection's vengeance however ;P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post: