View Single Post
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
hey, would it be possible to run harmattan on the N900 in chroot? just thinking... Easy-Harmattan
I gave it a shot about a week ago I think, here is the relevant thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=57

I would think that the missing aegis stuff is either from /home partition (as I am missing all of it from an N9, help appreciated) and/or missing instructions in the kernel (seem to recall aegis had some roots in the kernel). So what you said about porting newer features of the new kernel to the N900 kernel (aegis & harmattan required only) and obtaining a /home dump could be enough to make this work would be pretty cool
EDIT: Oh and the problem was not exactly as on the linked pastebin in the linked post, on the linked pastebin it was non-root user trying to apt-get, in my case it was the restok.conf lines around the 30-something in the pastebin
EDIT2: I see the Meego 1.3 CE is kernel 2.5.35 while harmattan is 2.6.32... shame, copying modules from the CE into harmattan would be cool, seems it will not work
EDIT3: Yes, an aegis folder inside the kernel, that would help explain why I failed would be cool if compiled cleanly against N900 kernel headers as a module, might just check... Or I am probably talking bullsh*t

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2012-05-28 at 01:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post: