View Single Post
well, I could careless about whether or not the 810 got its 2 releases or not, Im just saying I have a great device with very capable hardware, even if it is a bit old and slow, this is where *nix shines, making the most of hardware, not HOGGING resources like it was coded in redmond, wa. if you ask me NONE of the maemo releases were ever 100%, there is still no PIM support (thats worth a damn anyway, gpe & ermig sp? just barely cut it)
all the releases were buggy and quick to slow down, I have an sd card freshly formatted to fat32 my n800 uses it just fine while the 810 says its damaged or unformatted, the video player was always choppy even with NOTHING else running.... the whole fiasco leaves a bad taste in my mouth and anybody who says the n8x devices were treated fairly, is either a complete lemming, a nokia employee, gen antillies or they have more money than sense.

I paid like 350 for the 2 tablets 1 n800, n810 and now the support has been dropped, im friggin livid, I can only hope that mer will see a fully functional nit OS, cause IMOP NOKIA never achieved that.

if the new series is so great, then they should continue the maemo 4 line, my palm 3x had support for like 5 years or so, nokia dropped the ball on this, but the community (- the lemmings) should pick it up, I have mer dual booting on my n810, I just cant seem to get anything from the repos listed in the app mgr, so I guess its time to give up on nokia doing the right thing and move on to MER.

I'm gonna ditch this taco stand...

BTW,

If they think anybody burned by nokia on these NITs will ever buy another nokia device they are as crazy as they are disloyal, I would have never bought one of them if I knew they would only support it for a year or 2, if its that disposable why not just make it from cardboard?????

still very angry,

BhanG

nokiasuxnokiasuxnokiasuxnokiasuxnokiasuxfunok iaUbastards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhang For This Useful Post: