View Single Post
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Question does it run while the screen is off?
I'm not entirely sure. The widget itself doesn't do anything to ensure that it's not running when the screen is off. I don't know anything about the internals of hildon-home or hildon-desktop and whether it suspends widget activity when the screen is off. If you do know how I can implement this, please let me know, I'd be happy to implement it.

@gregoranderson

Thanks for the ideas. In the roadmap on the wiki page I've listed a similar idea. I have the backend written and I'm currently testing it. All that remains is to expose the functionality through a nice GUI. As a newbie to pymaemo and pygtk, writing a nice GUI takes quite a bit of time.
I have entered the widget into the 2012 Coding Competition which requires a feature freeze during the voting stages. I dont think I'll be able to have the new features ready by the start of the voting stage, but I'll definitely have a release out as soon as the competition ends.

In the meantime, does anyone know how I can make the phone vibrate or play the default alert sound using pymaemo? I've looked at the wiki and other documentation but I can't find anything. I may have missed something, so any pointers are welcome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to briggers For This Useful Post: