View Single Post
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
[Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth]
Good news, everyone!
[/Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth]

The very first release of Erminig-NG with its GUI is now on its way in the extras-devel repository. It should be available in a few moments. (force a refresh of the packages list in the application manager if it doesn't show up)

Usual and important note for everyone: Erminig-NG is still in developement, so bugs are presents. Always work with a copy of your calendars (both on Google and locally)! I can't be responsible for any lost data!
Furthermore, the presence of Erminig-NG in extras-devel should raise immediately a red flag concerning the stability of the software

Important note for those running the old version (text-only) of Erminig-NG: please remove the ~/.erminig.db file. The database format changed since then and is incompatible with this new version! Please also remove any file installed with the previous version, to avoid conflicts. This issue won't come up again, since I'm now packaging Erminig-NG properly.

What's new comparing to the previous version
: the GUI. And a few assorted bug-fixes in core functionalities.

What doesn't work
: syncing recurring events (next release, hopefully), syncing birthdays

Known bugs: I know that there are a few corner-cases in the GUI handling: please report them here, in case you catch one of those (by the way, the "Stop" button on the "progress-bar" window when syncing doesn't work yet. Just noticed a few minutes ago, when the build was already in the pipeline )
Warning: there are probably a few regressions compared to the text-only version of Erminig, due to a partial code refactoring, but I tried to catch all of them...

The GUI should be straight-forward enough to be usable without any documentation, but if you think that it's too complicated or that I should change something, feel free to post ideas and/or questions!
I have to admit that now I'm really too tired to write a proper documentation, but if you feel that I should address that, I will do it..

First synchronization will be slow, especially on huge datasets. Please be patient

Enjoy, and let's start the bug reports

PS: I did not open a new bugzilla component for Erminig yet. Will do it in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to post reports here!

The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post: