View Single Post
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
> But your whining about contacts lists and all that is not high up on my list.

And that's amazing that one of primary function of portable gadgets, managing personal infomration is *not* high up on everyone's list. Maybe that's just because the implementation always sucked and you gave up?
Ok, I admit its kind of important that it works and not like you say on the N9 that its possible to loose information like that.
But I mean, on the N900 its working quite good from that aspect I think with the merging.
But if we look at the serious problems with phones today is that they really lack the possibility to work with the more technology aware kind of user. Call it the developer profile if you want, but I think its sad that everything is so dumbed down, cloud and ecosystem centric.
I feel like a stupid monkey sitting with a typical "smart"-phone today.
Give us a real keyboard, Maemo-style UI (some freedom to do almost anything), native code enabled software
, a UI making use of real multitasking and we're good to go. The we'd finally be able to make some real use of the processing power in the multicore SoC's out there today.
In fact, I don't even think it would have to be contradictive with targeting both advanced users and the average phone users at the same time. Hell, put in both a debian packager AND a more controlled software management system like Google play or iStore. We can have both worlds. Memory is not a problem.
Meet the full audience for once.
Its a sad fact for me, I can't leave the N900 until something real shows up beside all these sad toys released today. Jolla may be my only hope.

Last edited by Larswad; 2012-08-14 at 09:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post: