View Single Post
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
mate i had the same issue. I thought the phone was fully charged but it was not. I recommend you get a fully charged spare battery or get a desktop charger for your n900. trust me 100% its your battery. the phones firmware controls the charging. if the firmware is not there or damaged it will never fully charge, maybe only 0.1% so you might be able to turn it on for a few seconds. It keeps restarting when you try to charge because the firmware is not there or damaged. The exact same thing happened to me. I kept it on charge for 2 days and it still didn’t fully charge, when I tested my battery on another 5800 it was fully dead.

I used a full battery from a 5800 and it worked for me. Trust me use another battery you know for a fact is 100% charged and try again. Thank me when it works

if you go back to the start of this thread you will see that i had the same issues as you.
Thing is I also thought it might have been the battery, that's why I took the battery out of my gf's N900 and replaced it with mine - still same thing, nothing happens.

-Socrates 469 BC