View Single Post
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
You know, I have seen those really cool USB monitors or whatnot, and I always say "How in the world do they do that?" If the monitor is actually plugged into a USB port on the computer, that would mean that the computer is actually emulating a graphics card in software, and pushing the output through USB connectors. This is the same as those USB->VGA converter things, but cooler. I believe this is what you are asking for, and its possible, though Nokia would have to do a lot of things for it to work.

But then they go even further and daisy chain monitors through USB hubs. So, over one USB port, they are running 6 displays, and Im just sitting there going "so, how long till you have quake 3 running on it?"

sadly, this will never happen, because there are not that many people who would really NEED this, and Nokia would never waste all that money turning the NITs into mini monitors, etc etc. TV-Out seems a lot more likely than TV-In...