View Single Post
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Going back to this discussion, a critical point needing agreement seems to be the role you want Nokia and Nokia products to play in the future of maemo.org. More opinions on this?
Well if Nokia aims to have any role, then Nokia has to release Nokia products that are suitable for us here, no?

I'm not going to be swept away by any WP7 or WP8 devices, so if that's all Nokia is going to trick me with, then forget about it.

If meltemi is going to be low end, like the current S40 devices, or the lowest of the S60, then that is not very exciting either.

Nokia had two good products running Harmattan, but only decided to sell the one that was less useful to me (and my wife). As a result I've not bought anything to replace my N900 and now my wife is on the lookout for a replacement for hers. At this stage Nokia has nothing to offer her, so she'll be jumping ship for something Android powered. I doubt she'll return to anything Nokia.

When my N900, and my brothers N900, will finally give up we will probably also jump ship for a hw keyboard Android.

I think Nokia's misfortunes can be easily seen in my family. 3-4 years ago in my extended family of 17 people, 16 had higher end Nokia's. People defected for Android and iPhone, so now only 3 of us have Nokia, and soon it'll drop to 2 (once my wife finds herself an Android).

Many other people out there will probably go the same way. Without a hw running Maemo/Meego (from Nokia or anyone else) there will not be a very prosperous future for this community and the whole discussion a moot point.

Last edited by olighak; 2012-04-30 at 23:19.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post: