View Single Post
Rooted Galaxy S7.

I almost finished porting all my scripts and code from the N900 and i have to admit this device is awesome.

at this point i can say that there are very few things i had to give up by moving - like programming mono apps (which can be done using xamarin), using aircrack (which actually became irrelevant since passwords for networks these days are much harder to crack by brute force), and the hardware keyboard.

Multitasking is also much better than i thought.

i'm running background startup bash scripts like i did in the N900 - like back SSH to remote control the phone without using google's "help".

All the things i used to do using Queen Beecon are now done using Tasker which is MUCH more powerful and supports javascript, python, bash and very advanced UI control.

i also started coding java with the android studio - i need to port a few things from the N900 like my location scanner in car mode which launches commands on locations proximity.

Other than that, the advantages of having such a device are countless:
4GB 8 core with 2K screen resolution are just few, not to mention the applications availability for practically everything...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post: