Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5+Harmattan Maemo6] [Announce] gpscon gps position cli shell console
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Hey Halftux, thanks a million for looking into this and sorry for the late feedback. Weekends are the busiest time. During the week I can (sometimes) steal some time from my employer but stealing it from the family is a bit more difficult

Unfortunately, neither a downgrade to 0.0.4 nor an upgrade to 0.0.8 and adding the --script option has made any difference. The script still freezes when launched from cron. After a while, ps shows a number of instances of my script and gpscon runs=3 running. Killing them all makes the stuck scripts move forward all at once. Having read the above post about no stdin, I also tried adding a redirection from a file (gpscon runs=3 < somefile, with or without --script) but that has not made any difference either. The only thing that does not freeze is runs=1, but that produces wrong coordinates as described earlier.

So I am thinking about changing the paradigm completely and repeating my question from a few posts back. @juiceme, how did you do it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: