View Single Post
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
What really annoys me about it is that I bought my Jolla back in Feburary and discovered pretty much immediately it had a hardware fault - the internal MMC was faulty, so when swapping started happening it died.

I explicitly told Jolla that I wanted a replacement new phone as I paid for a fully-functional new one (hadn't even got the screen protector off yet!) and yet I'm fairly certain they sent me a refurb that was over a year older than my original unit (November 2013 vs. December 2014), which is why I think it's susceptible to this yellow-burn problem I noticed seemed to start occurring to people soon after launch, based upon what I found online. My replacement phone has rare overheating and lock up issues briefly from normal usage, which is what I think caused the screen to become damaged from heat.

...I'm just glad Fedex refused to ship the battery, so I got to keep my original, much newer one. :/

Out of courtesy I'm giving them a week and then asking for a full replacement. They can keep this unit and replace the screen on their own time - it's my warranty ticking down here.

...also really annoys me they don't swap units, so I have to be without a phone for over a week. Just not good enough, IMHO.

My full (and other people's) experience here.

Last edited by mr_jrt; 2015-09-24 at 23:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post: