View Single Post
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Well why does everyone keep whining about the freakin bug jar. For some one like me (not geek and just a customer) its impossible to understand how its working. this bugjar has status solved for things that are broken have versions that are not for maemo and are very hard to understand.

I rather just tell what the problem is.

When my n900 is in standby for a couple of hours and my alarms goes off, then
1. it freezes with screen on for aprox 10 to 15 seconds before the n900 gets responsive or
2. it freezes withou any response for ever. press and holding the power button will not work and the alarm will keep going on and on until you remove battery. i also had this problem when just reflashedfirmware and eMMC and without installed any programs.

The exact same problem occurs when the phone is in standby and i get a call. some times it works and i can pick up the phone correctly, some times the screen freezes and i have to wait 5 ~ 8 seconds before the screen gets responsive or the whole damn things gets stuck and am not being able to pick up my phone call.

Last but not least i also have the problem that sometimes when i get in incomming call the ringtone hangs for aprox 4 seconds making a rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound like its stuck.

Its like the phone and alarm app arent getting enough speeds to work properly. and when the phone is updating or getting email in the background while one of the two is executed the whole god damn thing gets stuck. Its a pain!

ANd i indeed can confirm the problem grows worse when more programs are installed but its insane that i cant install apps because the phone function wont work anymore when i do!

This should be fixed by adressing the alarm and phone app so that these programs always have the highest priority when launched!
I can confirm every single one of these problems. Though in my case it usually leads to a completely hung device. I've missed more than one appointment with a hung alarm requiring a complete battery in out reset. And have had to do countless restarts when godforbid anything happens during a phone call.

Last edited by vdx29; 2010-08-23 at 19:14.