View Single Post
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I did use my N900 as a laptop replacement. Back then there was nothing it could not do with it's little CPU. Back then, the flash plugin was totally up to date so all online content was available. The browser was unprecedented, it's cursor mode ensured compatibility with anything on the web.

But then the web "moved on". Flash was updated every few month if nothing else then just to increment the version string in the hash so as to exclude devices like the N900. Then with the half assed moves many sites made to HTML5, the browser just worked less and less well (but still better then all other mobiles)

My desktop/laptops got dust on them when I was an N900 user, but in the end it was just too much to carry around as a daily phone. Yeah, mine had an entire Gnome desktop with Easy Debian and over 40GB of iso ROMs to emulate any game I'd ever played in my youth, but it took 30 seconds for the dialer app to respond sometimes.

So I got the n9. It was never gonna be an N900, I knew that. But now it can't even be a phone that I don't' need to flash every few months. I didn't leave Nokia. Nokia left me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post: