View Single Post
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
After installing the SDK, you'll still need to open the Qt Package Manager and pull down the Maemo toolchain. (Hopefully, that is still available as well.)
In my case, after installing the offline SDK version, it complains about the update server. as it tries to connect to nds2.fds-forum.nokia.com, is gives me a bad request error. I get a message warning me that I can only uninstall packages. Now I cannot install the Fremantle toolchain and I have not found any Fremantle target in the 1.1.2 SDK nor have I succeeded to create one. All I have managed so far is linking the SDK with my device with Mad developer.

I am also totally new to all of this, I obtained a N900 for a fair bargain to use as primary phone and I was told it was one of the best phones there was due to its openness (u-boot and developing). It's just a wonderful device. But its support seems to have unconditionally, thoroughly, died at every aspect and everybody moved on it seems.

Back to the point; even when the package manager does not function any longer, and the VM image containing Maemo SDK with all Fremantle tools and Qt seems to have vanished from Earth's surface, how do people manage to make software for Maemo nowadays, Let alone Qt programs? I am dazed and confused.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawox For This Useful Post: