View Single Post
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Maybe. But you would still need another GSM contract, unless you don't think the N800 is too large for a phone. Most people don't seem to want this, afaik the GSM interface cards for laptops were never big sellers.

Never observed that. That would of course be very annoying. But still, it's not something that can be held against the tablet, as it's clearly a bug in the phone part of the chain.

No, you don't have to do that. I agree it's a design bug that the BT icon disappears if you turn it off, but you don't have to go to the control panel to use BT dialup again: Just select your phone as connection just as usual, and it will turn on BT for you while connecting.

Er.. but this has nothing at all to do with the issue of built-in phone or not.. agree?

To rant a little less, my main point being that a SIM card slot could have been installed, and it could have just been another option for the connection. Most of us have to pay an additional amount per month to use internet on our phones, sometimes more to have a plan that allows tethering to a device. I would rather pay that amount for my device to have a data only plan (some friends have phones and then sidekicks/blackberrys on seperate data only plans).