Thread: [SailfishOS] [Announce] Poor Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I need to check again the accuracy etc. I also try to make a screenshot next time.

I dont know about google etc, but osmand seems to use 100m limit.
I guess we should try 100 meters and see if its OK.

Note that rerouting distance is a compromise. When you use offline router (like OSM Scout), you are using your own device and the main price to pay is the battery. When you use online router, all API calls by all users are summed up by the provider and if we exceed the free tier we would have to find the way to pay for it. Hence having too small rerouting distance with online routers could lead to problems. @otsaloma has a better overview and he'll let us know if we are going to hit it, I presume.

As for map matching, I added it into OSM Scout Server issues and will look into it when I get there.

Rotating labels are possible, in theory, using tiles as well. For Mapnik, it would mean composing other projection that would flip the world. However, it would require significant time to do that properly. As mentioned by @otsaloma, an alternative is to look into vector maps. In long term, vector maps (OpenGL-based rendering) are better solution and I probably would prefer to look into that than spend too much time on hacking Mapnik projections.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: