View Single Post
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
I just picked up my Galaxy S II yesterday afternoon from T-Mobile (since Nokia broke my N900 )

And honestly I am disappointed. Yes it has one of the best screens in the world, dual core processor, 1GB ram (really 833MB and just on standby 290-300 is already used), yes it has 1080p recording and the camera is truly amazing.

But I'm not impressed with the multi-tasking at all, its very tedious to switch between apps, go from one app to the other, and closing apps also gets annoying after the 100th time of holding the home button, then click task manager, then click exit all, or manually exit the ones you want to close.

Honestly I just miss the simple "x" in the top right corner of the app thumbnail. The n9 will have multi tasking similar to the n900, so if thats the kind of multi tasking you prefer then wait for the n9.

The S2 has similar mutli tasking to my iPhone 4, its annoying for me but if you dont mind it then in terms of specs/hardware the S2 is a much better phone.

But I personally would prefer and get the Nokia N9, I am thinking of returning my S2 because thats how much I miss my N900. Also the lack of hardware keyboard makes entering long emails and texts stupidly annoying, and the virtual keyboard takes up most of the screen, especially in landscape mode!

At least with the iphone you could close the virtual keyboard both in protrait and landscape, by hitting the empty area above it, that way if you had a bluetooth keyboard, you could use that with a full iPhone 4 screen.

With the S2 there is NO way to close the virtual keyboard when you click a text box in the browser. It will stay open until you click outside of the text box, in which case you cannot type. So having a bluetooth keyboard is kinda pointless since most of your screen is always covered with the virtual keyboard. I like the fact that my iPhone 4 at least allows the option of closing Virtual Keyboard if I want to.

I am disappointed with the android market as well, apps are very similar to iOS market but alot more expensive. Plus alot of the paid apps have authorising issues which many users have been experiencing, their cards get charged but the app gets stuck on authorising card, so they dont ever get their app. There is no real fix for this issue, most people suffer from it and only some have resolved it themselves with no support from google so far.

Honestly, the hardware specs on the S2 are amazing - camera, processor, ram etc. etc. etc.

But the operating system seems like a cheap knock off iOS, with open source customizablity.

Well I would rather have a closed source iOS phone anyday, I'll gladly sacrifice the customization of the home screen in exchange for a stable and working market. Any customization the Android 2.3.3 offers can be obtained on iOS by apps or jailbreaking.

So honestly if you're gonna get an SGS2, get an iPhone 4 instead.

Also I miss my MicoB Browser on N900 and even the iPhone 4's Safari browser is much better than that on the SGS2! I don't know if you can get safari on android since I am new to the OS, but I will definitely find out if I can get it.

The phone overall feels to big to fit in one hand comfortably, so often you use two hands where you would use one. Personally I prefer a perfectly clear 3.5 inch screen or 3.9 inch like on the N9 without the home button, so that the phone itself does not increase in size. The galaxy S2's 4.3 inch screen is so impressive but it makes the phone too big for me to care!

Or take the best option, wait for an N9, becuase that will trule be the best alternative for any N900 user. I am not saying the N9 will be better than an N900, it lacks many things that the N900 can do, but it would be a worthy alternative for a regular N900 user looking to update their phone.

From experience my iPhone 4 and SGS2 do not impress me anywhere near as much as my N900 did, and I really wish I still had it! So I will definitely be waiting for the N9 and probaly just return the S2 as I have 7 days to change my mind.

Hope this helps!
You have an iPhone? Enough said.

I donīt own a SG S2, but itīs by far the best device out there at the moment, in every comparison against the iPhone 4 it basically rapes it.

The Following User Says Thank You to God For This Useful Post: