View Single Post
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I think that I have had enough of not only the disposable smartphone world ..dominated by corps. with super crappy ..."everything"...(I can't just focus on 1 negative...there are simply too many...)

and I think I have had a lifetime's fill of "hoped-for" alternatives ...which just seem to keep on coming...but can't deliver what is needed (not that it isn't for lack of trying...)

I intend to keep farting about with my N.I.T.'s

But..
I am going to buy a pi 3 and turn it into a mobile mini tablet. ..
raspbian or arch is fine with me..
and the moment that the Zerophone starts their preorder ...order ..or what have you...
I am buying one.

I am quite sick of the deliberately constructed ..bottomless - money pit of obsolescent-based disposable toxic-landfill-creating wasteful devices that has come to be...
this "system" ...
which has invaded every nook and cranny of the industry.

for the longest time I have seen the pi and beagle, pocketchip ..etc...as purely "hobby" hacking...
it has steadily been showing that it is moving more and more deliberately and with a great deal of weight and strength behind the movement ...heading toward daily mainstream usage..

I am all for this alternative.
I have/had the exact same thoughts, when looking at the market right now. If I wasn't this lazy, I would've build such a device myself already
I'd love to see a thread from you, on how you gonna build it, though.

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post: