Thread: Gpd win
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Cool. I wish i had invested in this instead of jolla. How is the browser experience?
The browser experience has no short comings, touchscreen gestures make it easy to scroll/zoom to read text. The left stick acts as a Page Up and Page Down button.

@saponga I got mine from DragonBox. There's also Amazon, DinoDirect, GearBest, etc..

Originally Posted by theonelaw
Outstanding !-

You said you were installing Arch:
Are all these observations are all made regarding
performance under Arch ?
Those were under Window's performance actually.

I will still be doing that soon.. i'm just enjoying it the way it is right now before I do that. The things I have said about linux on this device is from another person's experience on it, not my own.

Here is a video of Xubuntu running on the system. Xubuntu 5Ghz Wifi Works and Steam

Originally Posted by railroadmaster
Generic as in off the shelf. It doesn't use that much in the way of unique components. The 5.5" 720p touchscreen is used in a variety of products, the intel atom processor and motherboard are super common and are found in dozens of products and the flash and ram would definitely be off the shelf. I am not sure about the rest of the components such as the sound chip, sd card reader, bluetooth, speakers, or wifi. Those components I am not sure of.
The SD card reader identifies as a generic one.

The screen might be generic as well, because it defaults to a portrait orientation when you first set it up. People have speculated that they were used on smartphones. Definitely not bad quality though.

Watch these to get an idea to get an idea about it's components.
Heatsink Mod Part 1
Heatsink Mod Part 2
Note: His is different from mine in terms of cpu (z8750) and his heatsink has fins where mine does not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x_Blaze.It.Beau_x For This Useful Post: