View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
But near as I can tell, you're playing word games with the term "appoint". Your argument depends on the supposition that the word "appoint" in this context means "pick a person that is wanted (and tell them about it I hope)". But you know very well that a bulk of the time, people don't take the word "appoint" to mean that, and more importantly, when they do, the context clearly indicates that. Usually, the expected meaning of "appoint" is "(previous meaning), and that person accepted".

It's a flaw of the English language, in other words, that lets you make this argument (that "appoint" can mean both "picked for a position" and "picked for a position and actually got into that position (either by accepting it, or clearing other prerequisites)"), not a clear case that that is the appropriate interpretation.
On March 5, you yourself said that Woody and Jim had been "appointed" and now you say it was something else. The problem here isn't the English language or word games (at least by me). Here's a definition of the word. Do you have any contrary definition that you can point to instead of just arguing?

By the way, I've asked you before to show support for some of your allegations, and you haven't yet. Please do so. Of course, there have been so many incorrect allegations phrased in different ways that I can't address them all, but please do address at least the ones I addressed in this post.

There also seems to be an incorrect perception that Jim didn't indicate his willingness to accept the position within 7 days. But he did. I don't know what is meant by clear "other prerequisites".

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: