View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
[...]
Could you please give us an estimation?
[...]I have no clue how you/we could get a realistic number of orders before orders have been placed in the web shop. Any ideas (poll, new donation, ...)?
So, neither do I, sorry. I just can say I am quite optimistic that the inevitable loss of customers can get overcompensated by new customers who just waited for a proper 'normal' way to really order a device (with finalized specs) in a legally binding way they can handle in their (commercial?) accounting.

cheers
jOERG

[edit] for each user in here stating that s/he's out, I seen one that stated to eagerly wait for the shop to open, either in here, or in IRC, or in private email. Of course the more anxious posts like the above will show up here, the more this feeling will spread. And this also works the other way around, each optimistic (or at least missing or neutral) post in here will possibly convice a few more old customers, or even attract new ones. One thing's for sure: I don't hope for *any* device getting sold when the price would rise even more - which in turn means that I'm personally convinced we can keep this price or even get it down (unless EUR exchange rate drops through the ground), or I wouldn't know how to continue this project. Hint: it's an age old wisdom of PR that it's always the disgruntled people who get active and vocal.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-05-10 at 20:06.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: