View Single Post
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Screen size for develpment doesn't care since QML doesn't use pixels for resizing, so it should be the same.
Sailfish OS on Nexus 5 looks and works very good. I am using it as my primary phone. I don't need any Android apps (thanks to you for whatsup). If I really have to use an android app for something, I have a dual-boot setup, so I can just boot in Android and do what I need to do, but I haven't had to do it for a long time.

The screen getting unresponsive to touch is the only additional annoying issue. It will take a reboot for it to fix. Some days I end up having to reboot couple times. (I hear there is a solution being worked on, but have not tested it.) I would really hope the bluetooth issue will be fixed soon also, since I would use it.

Overall better performance and 4G connectivity in US makes it a better choice for me than Jolla phone.

You can always test your app in SDK for Jolla resolution and Nexus 5 for higher resolution. I think it will be an additional benefit for buying Nexus 5 for development, so your app will look better on higher resolution phones/tablets(?).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post: